iT邦幫忙

2025 iThome 鐵人賽

DAY 4
0
佛心分享-IT 人的工作軟技能

English for Software Developers系列 第 4

Day 4 - Communication and Collaboration Phrases Part 1 / 溝通合作用語 Part 1

  • 分享至 

  • xImage
  •  

This article introduces useful English phrases for various communication and collaboration scenarios, helping you express yourself clearly and work effectively with others.

Evaluate the feasibility of implementing a feature. / 評估某功能實現的可能性

The feasibility of implementing this feature is high/low.

實現這個功能的可行性很高/低。

Implementing this feature is within the scope of our capabilities.

實現這個功能在我們的能力範圍內。

This may not be feasible within the current timeline and budget.

在目前的時程和預算內,這可能不可行。

feasible (adj) 可行的、行得通的

Evaluate the timeline / 評估時程

How much time would it take to develop this feature?

開發這個功能需要多少時間?

How long do you estimate it will take to complete this task?

你估計完成這個任務需要多久?

When do you want us to implement this feature?

你希望我們什麼時候實作這個功能?

Do you want us to get it done by the end of this month?

你希望我們在這個月底前完成嗎?

by the end of 後面可接其它時間,it 可以改成要開發的功能名稱

It would take (max) + 時間

這句話的 "max" 是 "maximum"(最大值、最多)的縮寫,用來強調這件事不會超過這個時間範圍。

範例:

It would take approximately a week to develop this feature, given the current workload.

在目前的工作量下,開發這個功能大約需要一週。

workload (n) 工作量

I think it will take about three days to finish.

我認為大約需要三天完成。

I’ll need to do some research before I can give a precise estimate.

我需要先做些研究,才能給出精確的估算。

There are several factors that could affect the accuracy of the time estimate.

有幾個因素可能會影響時間估算的準確性。

We may need to adjust the timeline if new requirements are added.

如果有新需求加入,我們可能需要調整時程。

Assign team tasks / 分配團隊任務

We need to t-shirt size this.

將每個任務大小看做 T 恤尺碼,也就是說這句話意思是將某個任務或工作量進行粗略的評估。

Can you make a JIRA for that?

你能為這個建立一個 JIRA 問題單嗎?

意思就是將發現的問題或要做的功能用任務管理工具 JIRA 記錄下來。

Can you take ownership of the deployment pipeline setup?

你能負責設置部署流程嗎?

take ownership of 對...負責、承擔...的責任

We can divide this feature into smaller tasks.

我們可以把這個功能拆成更小的任務。

We may need to reassign some tasks if priorities change.

如果優先順序有變動,我們可能需要重新分配任務。

Version control collaboration / 版控協作

I've committed the changes to the feature branch after testing.

我在測試之後,已將這些變更提交到功能分支。

This commit message isn't clear enough — can you amend it before pushing?

這個提交訊息不夠清楚,你可以在推送之前修改一下嗎?

I've submitted a pull request to merge the feature branch into the develop branch.

我已經提交了將功能分支合併到開發分支的合併請求。

I've aborted the merge due to conflicts. Could you resolve it?

由於發生衝突,我已經中止合併。你能解決這個問題嗎?

Make sure your branch is up to date with the main branch.

確保你的分支已經與主分支同步。

up to date 最新的、跟上時代的

We should follow the Git Flow workflow for feature development.

我們在功能開發時應遵循 Git Flow 工作流程。

Debug an issue / 除錯、排查問題

Can you help me reproduce it?

你能幫我重現這個問題嗎?

Let’s pair up and debug this issue together.

我們結成對一起除錯這個問題吧。

We need to check the logs to identify the root cause.

我們需要查看日誌來找出問題根源。

The team is troubleshooting the server outage.

團隊正在排查伺服器故障。

troubleshoot (v) 排除故障、處理難題

Ask the other person to say it again. / 請求他人再說一次

Sorry, I couldn’t hear clearly on my end.

抱歉我這裡聽不清楚。

Sorry, I didn't get it. / I didn't catch that.

對不起,我沒聽懂你剛說什麼。

I'm sorry, would you mind repeating that?

對不起,方便請你再說一遍嗎?

Could you say that again and speak a bit slower?

你能否再講一次,並且講慢一點呢?

Could you speak up, please?

能請您大聲點嗎?

Clarify what the other person means / 釐清對方說的意思

Could you elaborate on that?

你可以再多解釋一下嗎?

範例:

We’re considering using a new caching strategy for the backend. Could you elaborate on that?

我們正在考慮後端採用新的快取策略,你可以再多解釋一下嗎?

Just to confirm/clarify, are you saying that...?

確認一下,你是說...嗎?

範例:

Just to confirm, are you saying that we should delay the release by two weeks?

只是確認一下,你的意思是我們應該把發佈延後兩週嗎?

Do you mean...

你的意思是...

範例:

Do you mean we should refactor the entire module, or just the payment function?

你的意思是我們要重構整個模組,還是只改付款功能?

Are you asking if...

你是在問是否...

範例:

Are you asking if we can deploy the new version by Friday?

你是在問我們能不能在星期五之前部署新版本嗎?

To make sure I understand correctly, you're asking me to ..., right?

為了確保我理解正確,你是要我...對嗎?

範例:

To make sure I understand correctly, you're asking me to find the longest increasing subsequence in the array, right?

為了確保我理解正確,你是要我找出陣列中最長的遞增子序列,對嗎?

I just want to make sure we’re aligned on this point.

我只是想確定我們在這點上意見一致。

We’re all on the same page.

我們的理解是一致的。

Can I spell the word that I said?

我可以拼出我說的單字嗎?

這句話可以用在自己單字發音不正確,對方聽不懂的情況。

Would you mind spelling that out for me?

你介意幫我拼出來嗎?

I think I need to rephrase my question.

我想我需要重新表達我的問題。

rephrase (v) 給…重新措詞;改用別的措詞表達


上一篇
Day 3 - Email-related terms / 電子郵件相關用語
系列文
English for Software Developers4
圖片
  熱門推薦
圖片
{{ item.channelVendor }} | {{ item.webinarstarted }} |
{{ formatDate(item.duration) }}
直播中

尚未有邦友留言

立即登入留言